Everything you need to know, step by step
This process is documented to ensure that families know what to expect but we also know what an important decision choosing a nursery is and so if you wish to call to discuss any aspect of the care that we offer or email questions or queries we are always happy to provide as much support as we can.
Footsteps Day Nursery offers full day care from *7.30AM to 6PM Monday to Friday at Chingford or Walthamstow and 8AM to 6PM Monday to Friday at Leytonstone, for a minimum of 2 days per week. If your child attends the nursery you can drop off and pick up at times that suit your routine, but we will always charge for full days.
*Please note that due to the current pandemic, all 3 nurseries open at 8AM so that room bubbles can be maintained.
We do still accept enquiries and documents in person but during the current pandemic, please contact us by phone or email whenever possible
- Make an enquiry to the nursery by phone, email or in person to be sent a registration pack
- Arrange a date and time for a nursery visit
- Visit the nursery and ask any questions that you may have
- If you decide that Footsteps is the right nursery for your family, please return the registration form by email as soon as possible including your requested start date and the days that you would like your child to attend
- When we have received your registration form you will be added to the waiting list, we may call you to discuss your place, but the formal offer will be made by email including the deposit amount and our bank details (Please note the place offered may not be for exactly what has been requested, dependent on availability)*
- You must accept the offer by email and the deposit paid within 7 days to secure your place**
- At least 2 weeks before you are due to start, your settling sessions will be confirmed. Enrolment and consent forms must be completed and signed before your child can start settling – this is a statutory requirement required to fulfil our regulatory obligations
* Even if you have returned your form well in advance, we may still not be able to confirm your place immediately. Wherever possible, if the managers cannot confirm whether or not we can offer you a place, they will give you a date when they will be able to let you know by.
**Your child’s place is not secure until it has been formerly offered in writing, it has been accepted in writing and the deposit has been paid. If this does not happen within 7 days, your place may be offered to another family and even if you later wish to accept the place, it may not still be available.
We accept childcare vouchers, tax free childcare payments and care to learn payments as well as offering the Universal Free Early education Entitlement (often referred to as 15 hours free childcare) as well as the Extended Free Early Education Entitlement (often referred to as 30 hours free childcare). Please see the Fee Sheet for the Nursery that you wish to send your child to for more information about fees and charges.
For more information about the help that is available from the government to pay for childcare please follow this link.